We are recruiting
Server Support Specialist to our office in Kuopio
Hostaan Ltd is one of the fastest growing cloud web hosting companies in Finland. We provide very fast and reliable WordPress hosting, web hosting, domain registrations, email services and Managed Cloud services for our domestic customers with competitive prices and excellent customer support. We operate from Kuopio city in Finland, but our goal is to go international.
We are now looking for a full-time server support specialist. Your job is built on a variety of tasks related to technical customer support and server management. The work includes, for example, setting up and maintaining customer data, invoicing, order processing, customer support and solving technical issues by phone, email and chat. You will also work with Linux, Plesk and WordPress interfaces.
You work as part of a team in our office in Kuopio, mainly during office hours, but you may also join various on-call tasks outside office hours, as agreed seperately. In the work environment we use new iMac 5k and Macbook devices and our servers are completely in the cloud.
Your job may later swift to developing PHP/MySQL applications, designing and maintaining WordPress sites, producing content to social media, manage SEO and marketing or having more responsibility in team leading tasks - all depending on your own skills, motivation and willingness to develop in your profession.
What do we expect from you?
- At minimum you have basic understanding of Linux servers and maintaining them, and you are familiar with the Internet network insfrastructure. We also value appropriate IT training.
- You speak and write excellent Finnish plus at least good English. You are customer oriented, service-minded, persistent, issue-solving, agile and not affraid of work that sometimes turns into hectic. You are motivated to learn always new, want to constantly develop yourself and you get along well with different people.
- You enjoy working in office and appreciate regular office hours, good peaceful working environment, locally agreed flexible work our scheduling and regular monthly salary. After a probationary period you may want to commit to permanent work in Kuopio. You also need to have high tolerance of weird humour.
What would make you extra special for us?
- You are a true server expert and have true skills with Linux server maintenance, package management, migration and troubleshooting. If you have in-depth experience with Debian, Plesk, NginX, Apache and MariaDB, that's even better.
- You have other industry-specific expertise (e.g. in-depth experience with WordPress developing, content production and social media marketing, search engin optimization, developing SaaS platforms, experience in business internationalization or proficiency in several languages) or exceptionally motivated to learn any of the listed skills in you work or on your own.
What do we offer you?
- A diverse and challenging set of tasks and the opportunity to develop in your career guided by your strenghts and motivation. You become part of our team where we support each other in solving customer problems. But you still get to take responsibility for your own work.
- Excellent working environment. You are involved in a comformable, humorous and good-natured work environment, working with modern and high-quality tools and creating top-quality service experience for our customers in our quest to become a major International player in the industry.
- A regular monthly salary that is based on your own skills and developes on your own dedication and motivation to work. Afther the probationary period, you will have a long and stable employment relationship. You also have your own physical workstation in our office.
How to apply?
Send us your free-form application, CV and your salary desire to email@example.com - as soon as possible, but no later than 28 February 2022. The vacancy can be filled earlier if suitable applicant is found.